Control techniques for managing serrated tussock
There is no single technique that should be relied on to control serrated tussock. Each situation will require a different combination of control methods to achieve success.
Serrated tussock control and management will require a long term strategy. There is no quick fix or one-off solution; however, following these simple guidelines may assist in providing long-term control.
- Learn to correctly identify serrated tussock, particularly when not in flower.
- Prevent serrated tussock from entering your property.
- Control invasions early.
- Prevent serrated tussock plants from flowering and seeding.
Destroy Adult Plants
- Kill adult plants to reduce seeding and addition to the soil seed bank.
- Rotate herbicides with different modes of action to reduce the chance of resistance
- Suppress the growth of seedlings by promoting and increasing the growth and competition of desirable species.
- Always follow up with suitable treatments for your situation.